Thursday, June 19, 2014

Trying New Things: Quinoa

170/365

We tried something new for dinner tonight: quinoa! It's a grain I've seen mentioned around the web a good amount, and when I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to give it a try, she was on board with it and we began looking up recipes on Pinterest. We eventually decided on this one. We had a little bit of difficulty figuring out how much dry quinoa we needed to make cooked quinoa to use for the dish, and we accidentally added an extra 1/2 cup of it to the meal, but I don't think it altered it too much. Overall it was fine, but was just kind of boring. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that quinoa is a grain, just like rice, so it tasted pretty much the same as rice, which is practically tasteless, right? Or is that just me?

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment