Thursday, June 12, 2014

Project 16/52: Diagonal Comfort Blanket

I finally finished this blanket!!!! Can you believe it?? I cast on May 4, and didn't cast off until June 10. The second half of the blanket went much faster than the first half, mainly because I was SO READY to move on. I believe the blanket is about 31"x31". A pretty good size!

Don't get me wrong - I like the pattern. It's very simple. It's cute. I would love to try it with a thicker yarn so I don't have to deal with two skeins. I definitely will use the pattern again, but just not for fun. It definitely needs to be blocked, but it won't be used for a long while, so I'm not worried about that any time soon. It will take someone very special to me to be pregnant with a boy for me to part with this blanket.

The yarn was fine. I did get insanely close to having to start another skein, but I knit tightly the last ten or so rows and used every bit of yarn (even cutting and adding the yarn from the cast on!) to make it work. When I knit it again I'll do better math about the yardage, and possibly only go to 159 rows instead of 160...

And, of course, thank you to little sister for changing out of comfy clothes to take these pictures tonight.

- rl

 (p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment