Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Simple Indulgences

161/365

Right now knitting + reading at the same is my routine, which is obvious because that was yesterday's picture as well. I can't help it though - I've got at least ten knitting projects I want to do (and have the yarn for!!), but I also have about 20 books I want to read. It's a rough life, y'all. I guess you could say I'm indulging in this somewhat unproductive lifestyle now, because Lord knows I won't be able to once I move to Chicago and start school. I may allow myself a few minutes of knitting each day, but I'm going to have to try really hard to stay focused on school, which has never been something I'm good at.

Tonight I got to see a lot of my favorite people - my mom's coworkers - which was awesome. Then I came home and JUST BARELY finished the baby blanket I've been working on for over a month. I FINISHED!! I can't even begin to describe how little yarn I had left. I could have started with a new skein, but I just couldn't stand the thought of that, so I knit very tight for the last few rows and it was insanely hard to bind off. Never again! But I'll talk more about that when I post pictures of the completed blanket...

- rl

 (p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment