Friday, June 27, 2014

First Business Cards

178/365

I finally had some business cards made! I really wanted them to be a combo of from the Maker and my blog, but you could say that I've temporarily put from the Maker on hold, seeing as I just don't know where to even start with it and don't feel the urge to figure it out anytime soon. So instead I made them about my blog/contact info/custom knits. And I'm happy with my decision.

I used advice from Dream A Little Bigger on where to buy, then the design was inspired by Elise's. I ordered 500 cards, and they are b&w on the front, then color on the back. Hello, saving money by not paying to have a side that was already black and white to be printed in color. I will definitely stick with that for now on. I didn't check what the price would have been to do color on both sides, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been that much more.

I'm really happy with them, considering I designed them with Photofiltre (freeee!) and then only paid $20 or so, including shipping. The only part, design-wise, that bothers me is that the bottom picture on the card is totally an uneven distance from the edge when compared to the image on top. Oh well.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment