Friday, August 01, 2014

Early August Ramblings

213/365

Watching a commencement address by Neil Gaiman wasn't the most exciting part of the first day of August. I went to see The Fault In Our Stars with my sister tonight, since it's one of a few books the three of us have read. Don't ask me my opinion on it because I don't know. I still don't know what I think of the book and I read that months ago. I do know, however, that we had fun, and I enjoyed sitting between my two sisters whispering sassy comments back and forth. What else are sisters for?

I planned on getting lots of crochet done when we got home, but then I ended up chatting with my mom for a while, hearing about her day. Then I had to watch an episode of Supernatural - if you're a fan you know which one I mean: season five, episode four, which is set on August 1, 2014. I set that reminder months ago, like when I watched the show last fall. It made me miss watching the show a little bit, but...nine seasons. I don't think I will rewatch the whole thing until it's done.

Will I be able to finish this backpack before move-in day, which is only 19 days away? I don't know. While I think I'll have a good chunk of time on Sunday to work on it, I'm not sure I can say the same for the rest of the week. I need to declutter/clean/organize most of my room and my files. I think I have pictures (going back four or so years) on three different computers. I'd like to get them all together soon. Little things like that keep me scatter-brained.

And the reason behind my slight shaking while writing this whole post (because I'm like a chihuahua when I get excited about things): it looks like I may finally have a dorm room! When they announced dorm assignments in June I was placed in overflow, which does not mean that you sleep in the hall or the streets, but rather that a double occupancy room may have to become a triple occupancy one if not enough people drop out, for lack of a better term. I was in this last year, and eventually got moved around, not that it mattered because I wasn't able to go, so it was a bummer to be placed in it again. I remember from last year, however, that they emailed when there was an update, but they haven't emailed me about getting a room, which is why I'm not 100% sure that the one I see online is even correct. I was just checking it, like I do each night, and happened to see that it was different. Regardless, it's nice to be somewhere.

This post is a decent length, and it's getting late, so I should probably head to bed. I'm just feeling a little crazy tonight, I suppose. The Chick-fil-A I work at has had people from our "sister" store (we have the same Operator) at our location all month while their store is being remodeled, and I think today was most people's last day. Their store should be reopening next week, so we will have a lot less people each day. While it was nice to always have things stocked, I'm looking forward to having a purpose again. My job the last few weeks first consisted of cleaning and reorganizing nearly everything in the store, then the last few days I've been training people on the new coffee - both hot and iced - that rolls out Monday. There's another post to write...

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment