Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dorm Room - Fall 2014


When I checked my room assignment in June, I knew I had my preference of what floor I wanted to be on, but I was in overflow. This did not mean I did not have a room on campus, it just meant that room could turn out to be a room intended for double occupancy to have to be triple occupancy, unless enough people dropped out and made room for me. When I checked one night in late July I saw that I had a room! I had the double occupancy charge, but no roommates, so I was a bit confused by that.

It wasn't until I got on campus yesterday and got on the floor and realized I am in a single room! They're just nice enough to not charge me for a single when I didn't request it.

But this is my dorm. It's small, and I had to rearrange it with my little sister to get it to a more efficient layout, but I'm liking it so far. I know a lot of things will be added and moved around as the semester goes on, which is why I plan on taking a few more pictures in the spring. I don't have all my framed pictures out yet, but I'll get to that eventually.

I'm in the west wing of my floor, and there is also a north wing. The two wings share a community bathroom and kitchen. We had our first floor meeting tonight with (mostly) new students, and I'm looking forward to this year and the years to come, because I know I'm way too OCD, so I'll always stay on 9W!

- rl

2 comments:

  1. I'm a blog stalker. Love your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and seeing your dorm room decorated. God has big plans for you this semester and I cannot wait to read about them. The room looks great. Have a spectacular first day!! Love and miss you my sweet beautiful niece

    ReplyDelete