Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Textbooks - Fall 2014

238/365

Say hello to my best friends for the next 16 (is that correct? more? less?) weeks. I got all (except for Walk Thru) at the book sale today, with huge help from my friend Ally! It would have taken me, like, five times longer if it was just me, so I am grateful. I'm pretty excited for this semester. I think I've got an idea for how I would like to take notes, and I started that tonight while reading for Speech Communication.

After dinner tonight I sat in the plaza and worked on something similar to this for the assignments I have so far. I did it a little differently to where it has everything I need to do, including passages to read before class, so that's really going to help with seeing what needs to get done. I'm excited to figure out the best way to study for me.

Tonight we had All Hall, which is when all the girls get together in Torrey-Gray for a mass meeting and the guys have two different sessions in Alumni Auditorium. It was really great to hear the RSs and other ResLife faculty talk about how this is something they truly love, and not just a way to pay the bills. They really care about each of us and that's why I'm so thankful to be here. And hearing the guys chant for their floors on their way to their session was a tad amusing as well. That 'vator situation has got to get fixed, however.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment