Monday, August 11, 2014

Full Circle Friendship

223/365

After work today, my best friend, Diana, picked me up so we could hang out one final time before I leave. We may be able to see each other before I leave, but it won't be a true hanging out time like we did today.

Diana gave me a birthday present first, which is one she has been looking for since 2010 or so. We first just drove around, because it's insanely hot and we couldn't think of anything to do. We eventually decided on IKEA, which seems to be where we end up at least once a year. This time we sat on a few couches for extended periods of time, discussing things like fridges in the dorm to our favorite Harry Potter characters.

On our way to my house I asked if we could stop by Sonic because I was feeling ravenous. I guess I eat a tad early, so by 6PM each day I feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat anything. A tad dramatic, maybe, but I do have a history of dehydration.

When we got to my house, Diana waited patiently to start the Twilight movies while I took pictures of multiple things, including my latest thredUP order that came in today!

Then we watched our movies! I'm not sure whether or not I've mentioned it before, but Twilight was my first fandom. It definitely helped Diana and I become such close friends. We love our Twilight. Rewatching the first two movies made me want to reread the books, except for the fact that they're so heavy. I'm just not sure whether it's worth it or not to drag them all the way to school...but I'm really leaning towards taking them.

After she left - halfway through New Moon, and after we accidentally let a gecko in which she had to kill while I stood far away - I was able to get some more cleaning/decluttering done. There's a lot more to go and I'm not sure how it will get done in time, but for now I will sleep.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment