Sunday, August 10, 2014

Self Portrait (32/52)

222/365

I packed up my closet today. Woah. I separated my t-shirts a few weeks ago between those I want to take with me and those I want to leave here, but just had them sitting out until I got around to packing them up. Today was that day. I loaded up a suitcase with t-shirts, blouses, jeans, socks, and sweaters/winter-y clothes that have been put into a space bag until it gets cold. I also put my few dresses and skirts into a garment bag with hangers for all my clothes. My caring mother spent most of yesterday cleaning all my bedding. It's been sitting in a big box in our dining room since last June, so it all needed a good clean.

I didn't spend all day doing this, though. Today we went to the church of my choosing, seeing as how it was my last Sunday before we left. I chose Bent Tree Bible Fellowship in Carrollton because that's the church my parents were saved and baptized at. Pete Briscoe gave a fascinating sermon that made me rethink, and change, the little description I have on my social media sites. I'm not a "sinner saved by grace". I mean, I am, but I'm more of a "saint who sometimes sins". I know it sounds a little weird at first, but you'll have to just listen to the sermon for yourself to understand.

We came home and ate lunch, then my mom and I headed out to use up some gift cards and get a few things. While I hate spending money, it had to be done. It was convenient that this was tax free weekend, though!

I only have one week left until I fly the nest. (Although I definitely wouldn't say I'm really leaving the nest, seeing as how I will still have a lot of things here.) It does not feel real yet. I have something to do every single night. I think I have almost everything either packed up or ready to be packed up. The main concern for us is that our van can make the trek. The poor thing is 13 years old and has already made many long trips. Please pray that it will get us all there safely, and last even past the trip! Talk about a ride of faith.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment