Friday, August 15, 2014

Last Day At Work (For a While)

Last week I ordered a DSLR insert for my purse that will keep my camera safe. I got it in the mail this morning, so I decided to take it to work to document my last day (for a while!). It is as followed:


I drove myself to work, so I stopped at another Chick-fil-A first for breakfast (we don't serve breakfast). I always get to work early, so I ate my breakfast and read before I had to clock on.

227/365

My view for the last 10.5 months. Oh, man, I'm going to miss it. 


The cookie cake they got for the three people that were leaving today!


And my view looking back on the mall as I was leaving. 

So what are my thoughts on my time at Chick-fil-A? Every place has it's flaws, but I love this place. It was my first job, and I did not think I would do well. I ended up learning a ton. Everything from interaction with guests, learning to manage people, and just common social skills that, honestly, I don't feel like I had before. I definitely plan on returning during Christmas break in December, but for now I'm going to miss all the friends and general antics not only with my coworkers, but the mall employees.

What next? I can't recall if I've already mentioned it, but I applied for an on-campus job a few days ago, and my Operator at "my" Chick-fil-A has already told me multiple times that he will help me get a position at the Chick-fil-A in Chicago when I'm ready. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I have to work while I go to school, it's just a matter of where.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment