Sunday, August 17, 2014

Self Portrait (33/52)


"For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways."
Psalm 91:11, NASB

This is my stuff packed into the back of our van before heading out this morning. I didn't know what kind of expression to make, so I just smiled. It's always hard to take a self portrait when someone is watching! *cough* Jenna *cough*

We are currently in Springfield, Missouri. After having a very late breakfast at Waffle House (our traditional pre-roadtrip stop), we headed out around 12:30. We only stopped for gas and bathroom breaks. Tomorrow we'll drive on to Chicago and stay outside the city. So far the ride hasn't been too bad, just really, really cramped. I don't think I overpacked...but we'll see when we get there. Thankfully, my family will be able to take back anything I don't need.

Today was hard because I had to say goodbye to Mr. Bojangles, my precious beagle, and Jenna, my beloved sister. I may not see either one for four months, although I'm hoping Jenna and our coworker/friend will be able to visit some time this semester. I'm getting a little ahead of myself, though.

I cannot believe today was the day I've been looking forward to for so long. Not in the way of wanting to move out of my parent's house, which I haven't really done because I still have stuff there, but in the way that my wanderlust is getting fulfilled - finally! It's just all very surreal.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment