Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 Goals Update: April

120/365

1: one self portrait (per week)
Still going strong! There are way too many of these with my knitting, however that is what I've been doing. Besides, working, of course, but I'm not going to dare setting up my tripod and timer while at work one day. That would be too far.
week fourteen | week fifteen | week sixteen | week seventeen 

2: compose photos (every day)
Success! I'm pretty sure there was at least one day this month that I forgot to take a picture, but I made up for it the next day, so all is well.
094 | 095 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 107 | 108 | 110 | 114 | 116 | 117 | 120 - which is at the top of this post

3: read the Bible (every day)
Ok! Yes! There is progress with this one. It's not an everyday thing just yet, but I have started a Bible reading plan (which you can read more about here) that I am doing a decent job keeping up with. I find it's best when I listen to the audio from YouVersion on the way to work, however I have had multiple problems where I'll be halfway through a chapter and it starts again at the beginning, so I'm still trying to figure that out. Otherwise, it is getting read. Right now I'm about to be two days behind, but I'll catch up.

4: journal (daily)
There is also progress here! I got a new journal about halfway through the month and have started journaling again from there. I'm a few months behind in my last journal, so I'm still trying to figure out what to do with that. There are too many things higher on my list to worry about that.

5: blog (daily)
Success! Of course I wish the posts were more exciting, but blogging isn't my job, it's just a form of documentation for me, and simple posts are exactly why I have a blog.

6: walk
Fail.

7: bike
Fail.

8: 52 projects
If I have 17 self portraits so far, that means I should have 17 projects, right? If that's the case, I'm down by two, but in reality I have two projects that just need to be blocked, so I'm good. (I'm terrified of blocking. There. I said it. Now I have to overcome it. Soon...)
project 11 | project 12 | project 13 | project 14 | project 15

9: 52 books
Fail. I'm eight books behind, I think. However, I should be able to catch up if I ever get around to dedicating the time to reading the Harry Potter series. I'm halfway through the first one, and I want to read! I really do!, but I've decided I should probably focus my evenings more on training for working in the kitchen at work.
what I read this month

10: experiment with photography
Success! It was just snapping a few photos of an event I was at anyway, but I think it counts because, well, it's my list of goals and I get to make the rules. (:

11: make six new meals for the family
Fail.

12: learn to play the keyboard
Fail.

13: at least one photo book
Fail. I've made zero progress on the book I started last month, and have actually gone in reverse on it, if anything. I really don't expect to actually do this one until later in the year anyway.

14: travel
Fail. 

- rl

Previous 2014 Goals Posts:
Original List
January Update
February Update
March Update

No comments:

Post a Comment