Thursday, April 17, 2014

God's Grace

107/365

Can you believe it? I can't!

(Almost) one year ago today I received a letter similar to this one. Today when I checked the mail, like I have every day since Moody's Admission social media sites said they had sent the letters, I found this on top. That beautiful blue logo (what better school color for a blue-lover like me?) with my name in the middle. I walked inside and got ready for my sister date with little sister then sat on my bed and opened it up.

I was kind of shocked, I think. There was only one envelope this year, so I figured either I was accepted into the Chicago but not in the GAP program, or was accepted into the FYOP program. (If neither of those terms make any sense to you, you may want to read two of my previous posts about Moody: here and here.) Turns out I was accepted to Chicago AND the GAP program, but the letter for GAP was just behind the first letter. I would like to think that I am the reason for that, as rumor has it (not rumor, my mother) emailed her boss, Dr. Ramesh Richard, the link to my original blog post and he emailed it to the PRESIDENT of Moody in Chicago, Dr. Paul Nyquist, because, well, Dr. Richard was one of Dr. Nyquist's professors when he attended Dallas Theological Seminary. I actually was able to meet Dr. Nyquist last June because of that connection.

Anyway, off that bunny trail: I was accepted to the Chicago campus. Just like last year, I have to keep reading that first line again and again to make sure that I really DID get accepted.

And that is the story of how I felt God's grace two years in a row.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

1 comment:

  1. Yayy!!! I knew you could do it Rachel, you are such an amazing daughter of God! Yoh are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete