Friday, April 04, 2014

Cone of Shame

094/365

My poor baby! Today we had to put the cone of shame on him. It's a tad hilarious. We had to move the recycling bin because he scoots it over every time he walks into the kitchen. His balance is a little messed up. When he gets water from the bowl, the bottom of the cone gets in the water and he ends up licking some of it off of it. You better believe I recorded him eating, because he couldn't quite figure it out.

We didn't just put it on him for fun, however. He has some sort of mole or something on the left side of his face, and he just kept scratching it, which was making it bleed a good amount and it was getting on the floor. I actually was woken up at about 6:45 this morning by my parents because they needed my help in cleaning him off. They held him down while I tried to clean some of the blood off that side of his face and even under his ear.

I'll spare you pictures, because it's not very pretty. We're really hoping having the cone on will help it to heal up. Thankfully, he doesn't seem too miserable. Only a few days, Mr. Bojangles, and then you can be a free dog again!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment