Monday, April 21, 2014

Lent + A Plan


For Lent this year I gave up all beverages except for milk and water. I never thought I would be able to do that. I've always been so attached to soda, but it really wasn't too awful. Sure, it was a tad torturous to have to smell Dr. Pepper when I got a drink for someone at work, and I definitely started craving it in the last week or so, but besides that I was fine. I considered continuing on this path, then decided against it. I definitely am going to cut back on my intake of it, but I still want to have it sometimes. Maybe one day I'll try the flavored water stuff my mom has been doing the last few weeks.

Now onto the second part of this post: starting today, I will be reading the entire Bible before I move into my dorm on August 20. I attempted something similar to this last year, but didn't get very far in. This time around I'm going to do it. I'm starting in the New Testament, then reading the Old Testament. You are more than welcome to join me in this endeavor. I created a Google doc here which lists the passages by the day. I wrote this all out on notecards that I'm going to hang on my wall so I can mark off each day. I also included how many days until I move in, but I didn't think anybody else really cared about that part. You can print out the document and keep it in your Bible or something if that works for you.

Let me know if you're doing it as well so we can keep each other accountable! I have about two days of wiggle room in there for myself, and I hope to not go over that. If you want to start this another day, however, then feel free to.

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment