Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Project 11/52: Bubble Bag

This photo is way overexposed - I know. I've tried a number of things and random photos I upload to blogger just mess up like this. #annoying

I didn't like this project. It was just on of those things that I didn't have a use for, so it seemed pretty pointless to me. I only made it because it's from this book that I'm working through. I ended up giving it to a lady at work whose daughters I thought would be able to utilize it somehow. I don't have any complaints with the pattern itself, just the final product. Is that weird?

I won't knit this again for fun. If someone wanted me to I would, but definitely not just for fun. It was knitted from the top down, and the bottom picture shows the three-needle/one-over-two bind off. It was interesting to start it off smaller and slowly increase it until it reached the real "bubble" diameter. This was also the first time I used all five double pointed needles. I casted on project 10/52 with five DPNs going, but it was only for a few rounds. It definitely made me kinda hate DPNs. I'm beyond ready to work on a hat or something now.

It was a fairly quick knit, which is ALWAYS nice. Just a day or so and I was done. I made it in between the pair of mitts I'll post about on Thursday.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment