Thursday, April 03, 2014

Project 12/52: Cable and Gusset Mittens


My first pair of mittens! Oh goodness, I was too excited for these. When I first bought Margaret Radcliffe's Circular Knitting Workshop I knew I wanted to knit these. They're just so precious. Add in the fact that they're done on US10s and I was able to finish each mitten in a matter of hours.

They're not perfect, obviously. You can see how the thumb isn't the best, but I did weave in the ends better on the second go so that it's a tad less noticeable. Then there's a visible line where the DPNs met, so that looks annoying, but I have no clue how to fix it. I made sure to knit tight each time, but it just didn't work out. And, seriously, I have got to start counting how many rows I do for things like the ribbing and thumbs. This was my first time to do kitchener stitch, so that was interesting. It's not my favorite part of knitting, obviously, but that seam is so nice. I think that's the part I'm most satisfied with. That, and those gorgeous cables!

I will definitely knit these again, however. It's a beautiful, quick, and fairly easy pattern. The yarn isn't the best, but right now I'm focusing more on the skills. I've already bought another book to knit through where I'll focus on the fiber.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment