Thursday, May 01, 2014

My Night at Catalyst

Jesus Culture led us in worship.
The venue - Bent Tree Bible Fellowship - was packed.
Francis Chan spoke.
Then Jesus Culture came back out and led a few more songs.
121/365

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" Philippians 3:8-11

Tonight I was able to make it out to an evening at Catalyst Dallas.

I went last year, but only after having my dad take me out of school halfway through the day, eating lunch at Qdoba, and then spending the afternoon/evening at this event. It was my senior skip day, of sorts. (;

This year it just kind of fell in place yet again. I dropped my dad off there this morning, then went home and took little sister to school before taking myself to work, then getting off work, running a few errands, then coming home and quickly making dinner only to drive back to Carrollton to attend the evening session with Jesus Culture and Francis Chan.

While it would have been a luxury to be able to attend this whole conference, I'm looking forward to the many conferences held at Moody each year. Only 111 days now!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment