Friday, February 28, 2014

2014 Goals Update: February

059/365

This month was just blah. Basically dreadful. I now understand why I saw so many knitters choosing to use bright colors like yellow and purple for projects. I should have done the same, I guess. I definitely went into a knitting slump, which quickly turned into a reading binge. Now I'm sort of in between, though, because I don't feel like doing either. Oh, joy. Anyhow, let's see how I did on my goals for this year...

1: one self portrait (per week)
Success! I have forgotten until all the daylight was gone for most of the time, but I still got one!
week five | week six | week seven | week eight

2: compose photos (every day)
Success! I guess you could say I thought I would get more photos that weren't in my room at night, but I'm good with whatever I can get.
037 | 046 | 047 | 052 | 053 | 055 | 056 | 057 | 059 - which is at the top of this post

3: read the Bible (every day)
Fail. I'm still intimidated by how I want to document this. Part of me says "don't worry about documenting! Just do!" but then part of me wants every bit of it documented in some way, so there's that.

4: journal (daily)
Fail. I'm still very behind on this. It's just so boring to think about sitting down for hours with twitter and foursquare open to get it all documented how I like. Crazy, I know, but still!

5: blog (daily)
Success! This makes me happy, because this blog really is a photo journal for me. I'm so glad I've stuck with this so far.

6: walk
Fail.

7: bike
Fail. I don't even know how to get to it. It's just buried right now.

8: 52 projects 
Succes! Not the past two weeks, but the first couple weeks of this month I did so many that I'm only one week behind now! It's just getting tricky now to be doing new projects. I'm going to do some in March. I'm getting a little antsy to get back into it.
project 03 | project 04 | project 05 | project 06 | project 07

9: 52 books
Success! Yesterday's post showed that I have added eight books to the count for this year! Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. That makes me right on track, but I'm sure I'll fall behind again because I have no clue what to read next.

10: experiment with photography
Success, I suppose. Still no big long exposures or time lapses, but a few small things.
01 | 02

11: make six new meals for the family
Fail.

12: learn to play the keyboard
Fail.

13: at least one photo book
Fail.

14: travel
Fail.

- rl

Previous 2014 Goals Posts:
Original List
January Update

No comments:

Post a Comment