Saturday, February 08, 2014

Project 05/52: Graham

First, the color is the most accurate in the first picture. For whatever reason, when I upload pictures to blogger, random ones become overexposed.

Ok, now onto the hat. Little sister requested one, so I had her look through the ones I had saved on my Ravelry library, and she chose this one. It looked easy enough, but as I got into it I began to hate it. The body of the hat is a repeat of the same two rows, and one of those is a k1p1, so it was a pain to have to look at the stitches and figure out which row I was on. Then when you get to the decreases, it had a pattern, but was also a pain. You can see in the second picture how I somehow missed one of the skp stitches, moving half the pattern over. It was just a mess. I really don't think I'll ever do this pattern again. It was weird as well because you work the whole thing on the wrong side. The second picture is it on the wrong side. The hat is technically reversible, which is a nice feature.

I used Lion Brand Heartland in black canyon. I didn't like the feel of it at first, but now that it's done I think it's fine. I definitely plan on using it again.

This hat caused me more frustration than I had hoped, so I'm working on something significantly easier for now - a loomed scarf.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment