Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Project 06/52: Easy Loom Knitted Scarf


Loomed scarves are so simple AND they make a nice design. This particular loomed scarf was made for one of the ladies who received a pair of these mitts. I used up the rest of the yarn in the skein I had used for the mitts, then had to go get a second skein because it was only about 60% of the length it needed to be.

There's a little bit of a funny story to this scarf, I think. I finished it up around 11pm yesterday, so of course I couldn't take pictures then (I'm all about natural light). This morning, though, I was woken up to my parents asking if it was good to go to work with my mom, and therefore to its new owner, and I told them yes, but I had to get pictures first, because I didn't want a repeat of this incident. So these pictures were taken within minutes after waking up, and I don't think it's the last time that will happen.

About an hour after my mom left for work, I was informed that another one of her coworkers wants a scarf like this too, so it looks like I've got another trip to JoAnn's in my near future, which means trying to resist some impulse shopping...

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment