Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday


More purple on my needles this week! A different project, though, thankfully. I finished knitting the scarf I've been working on the past two weeks, but I'm procrastinating figuring out how to block it, so it's just sitting in my room waiting. But! I have finally started my older sister's hat. It's been a pretty quick knit so far. Faster than I remember the first time around. I started it Monday night, and probably could have much more progress on it, but I paused and knitted a quick scarf that I'll share later this week.

I had difficulty starting this scarf. I keep forgetting how to knit in the round. I started knitting it "inside out" multiple times, which took some thinking to figure out how to hold the needles. I think I've got it now, though. I definitely hope to have this finished within the next couple days, and I think I'll even try blocking it using this method. I'll have to do some more research before I actually get started, though.

Each of the little markers you see on there represent where I'll be increasing on the next round. I've finished with the band of the hat, then I just have to increase a few stitches for the body of the hat.

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment