Monday, January 20, 2014

Blog Design

Out with the old...
and in with the new!

Last Wednesday I was off, so I finally took the time to make a new header for my blog. I've meant to work on it for a while, since I made the first one back in July just to have something, then I just didn't know what to replace it with. I tried to be purposeful with choosing images I hope display what I post about/love.

My main inspiration was Elise's blog, of course. I don't think I've mentioned it before on here, but she is my favorite blogger, and a big reason for that is the design of her blog. Maybe it's weird, or maybe it's the yerd (meaning yearbook nerd, of course) in me, but I believe design is very important. I've been following blogs for a good five years now, and I've found that I only follow blogs with good design. It's not a superficial thing, I don't think, but just that I like things that have been thought through. Not only design-wise, though, but also content-wise. If you're a blogger and are curious what I mean about being picky about design, this tip list is pretty solid (and from my second favorite blog!).

That's enough blog talk for one day, I think. I could go on and on. It's obviously something I'm a little passionate about, I guess.

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment