Saturday, January 25, 2014

Project 02/52: Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth


This project is kind of what started it all. Fall 2012, my mom went to a Pinterest party at our church, and she came home with some dishcloths. We thought they were much too pretty to use, but it sparked our interest in knitting (for me) and crocheting (for her). I'm actually surprised it took us so long, but we finally made the thing we've wanted for over a year now.

I believe it was my mom who first found what kind of yarn we needed (we used Peaches and Cream), then we looked up patterns in our respective craft, and finally made them the other night! I used this pattern. 

I had so much fun making this. It's fairly small (about an 8" square), so we're considering making them larger the next time. I'll have to take some pictures of the two she's completed and post them as well, because her stitches are definitely prettier than the garter stitch on this one. I'm now convinced I will never buy dishcloths. I'm already imagining what colors I'll have in my future kitchen. 

- rl 

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment