Thursday, January 02, 2014

Preparing Blog Posts

002/365

By the time I got home from work today, the sun was setting, leaving only a small amount of time for me to compose a picture. I originally started this post with a photo I took from that time, but as I was preparing this blog post, I also decided to play with my tripod, so I set it up and did a long exposure of my typing, and deciding it was much cooler and a better representation of my day.

And now I feel like this could be the blog post I talk about my preparation. For a while there, I tried to prepare a blog post at least one night in advance, then go on my phone sometime the next morning and publish it. I think for now on, though, I'll do it all when I can. For example, it's past nine in the evening and I'm just now working on a post, but I feel like it's much more genuine this way. And one word I hope I can described as is genuine, so I think I'll stick with this. Some posts will be an exception. If I go on a trip and do a blog post for each day, I will more probably try to write all the posts in one sitting. For everyday things, though, I just hope to begin waking up early enough to do them before leaving the house in the morning.

So there's my second composed photo of 2014, and some thoughts on preparing blog posts.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment