Monday, January 06, 2014

My First Hat


 I finally knit a hat! I've loomed hats, but this was my first one to actually knit. And my first completed project on my Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles! I got the needles for Christmas, so of course the first thing I did was hop on Ravelry and search for a good hat to knit for beginners. I found this pattern and set to work.

It really was so simple and a great one to learn on. I made a few mistakes, but they're not noticeable and I know I won't make them again, so I don't care. The only thing I really had difficulty with was when I started the decreases...and it was stretching way too much to continue to be on the circular needles, but I didn't have double pointed needles (at that time...) so I had to remove the tips of my needles and just use the connector thing.

In order to really understand my frustration, you have to understand that I told myself I would finish by 2014. I started on the 28th of December and finished around 2am on 01 January. I probably could have finished about an hour earlier if I wasn't doing it the most ghetto way possible. I definitely sent out multiple angry tweets, and that is why I bought double pointed needles two days later. More on my first project with those in the next couple days.

So, because this project was started and (almost) completed in 2013, it does not count towards the 52 projects I want to do this year. I will, however, be remaking this hat for someone, and that will count. I'm such a stickler.

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment