Monday, January 13, 2014

Fettuccine Lasagna

 The Set
 The Process: Part I
 The Process: Part II
 The Final Product
The Side, brought to you by: The Mother

This is a meal I introduced into our family, thanks to Pinterest. That's right: in the Little house we actually apply Pinterest in real, despite the stereotype. It's a meal that I make. My mom makes and shreds the chicken, but besides that it's pretty much my dish. I'm a tad protective of that title, for whatever reason. Anyhow, I figured I would share the recipe, just for fun. The website it comes from calls it Three-Cheese Pasta Bake, but I think Fettuccine Lasagna fits better. We add chicken, but the original has no meat.

- 16oz of Ziti (we usually use Ziti, but we ended up having to use Rigatoni this particular time and I think I actually prefer it)
- 14.5oz Alfredo sauce (it suggests 20oz, but I've found you can use as little as 14.5oz and it's fine)
- 8oz sour cream
- 15oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken

1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. 
2. While the pasta is cooking, stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream in one bowl; stir in pasta and chicken until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Stir together ricotta cheese and next three ingredients; spread evenly over pasta and chicken mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta and chicken mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.

I hope that makes sense! I pretty much copied the instructions from the link, but I did rewrite it a little bit, so if it's confusing you may just want to click through and use their instructions. Don't forget to add the chicken, though. I did that once and it wasn't too great.

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment