Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Project 01/52: Maine Morning Mitts

Yesterday, I finally finished these mitts. They ended up taking me 10 days, start to finish, but I could have easily finished in less than four days if I had worked on them consistently.

When I bought double pointed needles, I knew I needed to do a small project in the round so I could actually learn how to use them, so I went on Ravelry and found this pattern. I read through it before starting, so I knew I was going to have trouble with the things I'd never even really thought about before, like the whole process of making the thumb. It was definitely difficult and required lots of googling, but I think they turned out fairly well for my first attempt.

I finished the second mitt last night, then cast on my next project within an hour.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment