Saturday, October 04, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Day 3

Our real day together! It was very cold and sprinkling off/on, which made it an interesting day. I met my parents at the same farmer's market I went to a few weeks ago, The cold weather didn't make it nearly as fun as it was before, but I still loved showing it to them. We didn't grab anything from the stalls because we knew we wanted to go to Ina's, a breakfast place we saw on TV a few months back.

Dad...being silly.
Mom and I in a couple of my handknit hats. (:

We put the address into our phones and hopped on the red line. It involved quite a walk after that, and we were very confused we showed up to the address listed but weren't near anywhere that looked like a restaurant. We checked the website again and decided to call the number, which revealed that the restaurant closed last year. Ha! We laughed it off, then walked back the way we had come, hoping to find a breakfast place to eat.

We ended up having to use a few apps to find a place, but we finally decided on Crepe Town. I had never had a crepe before, but I took a chance and had a ham and cheese one. It wasn't too bad! It's a whole new thing to me so it kind of blew my mind, and I appreciated the fries with it to make it a little more "me". I would give it 4/5 stars, partly because of the charm, and will definitely keep it in mind as a place to take people when they visit.


After that we walked to Wrigley Field, which was only a few minutes away. It looks as though they had just started construction around the place, so the only really interesting thing we saw were the bleachers on top of nearby buildings. I really need to go to a game there one day...

We went to their hotel, where we relaxed a little and mom gave me a few goodies she had brought - Rice Chex and funfetti cookies! yay! Then it was back to campus to figure out the afternoon plan and meet up with Ally. After much deliberation, we finally figured the aquarium seemed like a good choice, so we took the brown line to the loop and caught a bus to the Shedd Aquarium, which has an awesome view. Ally and I are already hoping to head back that direction in another week or so when the leaves will be even prettier...hopefully.

277/365
I don't think you can tell, but we ended up waiting in a massively long line for a solid 45 minutes, not including the line that's inside...but I suppose it was worth the $8 general admission, then $3 off for students. 

We weren't sure how to get to our end destination for the night, Giordano's, but ended up taking the same bus back to the loop until we found the Chicago Theatre sign my mom was hoping to see, then taking the red line up a few and walking over to Giordano's. I really love having at least a small knowledge of the public transportation here. 

 
And then we came back to campus, where my parents met a few more of my friends. We attempted to figure out what we'll do tomorrow, but we still don't even know where to go to church.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment