Monday, October 27, 2014

J&E in Chicago: Day 2

I think this may be my photo-heaviest post so far. I think the total is 24...oops. (: Commentary to be throughout...

We slept in, then had breakfast at Luna Cafe down on LaSalle. I had made a mental note when I went there a few weeks ago to remember it, not that that makes any sense, but it was fun to hear them mention how they had walked by a place the day before, and it ended up being the same place! It's a cute little place with pretty decent pancakes.


Then we went to the top of the Sears (Willis...whatever) Tower! They said it would be an hour and a half wait, and it ended up being only an hour or so after we headed down. It wasn't an awful wait at all because you go through multiple different things versus just one long line.

Facing south.
Who knew there was a blue building in Chicago?? 
I think that building is my favorite. It seems like every time I see it it looks different...so that's pretty cool.
Facing east. // How are there bugs up that high??
Triangle = prison. #whoknew
qt
Can you see Moody on the far left? Probably not if you don't know what the campus looks like...but yeah we're really downtown!
 Before...
...after!
Dirty windows, but I love heights!
Emily trying deep dish pizza for the first time! And she liked it! 
No argument from me!
Architecture makes my tummy all mushy.
Selfie! // Taking it all in.
More buildings! 
 It took a while to get them to see that I was taking a picture! haha (299/365 for the bottom right, I think. There are so many options for this day...)
Cloud Gate is so weird...

Then we did a bit more walking and waiting before taking the el back to campus. We didn't know what to do, but we ended up meeting up with Leslie and Marika at Ghirardeli, then walked over to Epic Burger. The three of us only snacked, because deep dish, but we just hung out before walking back to campus. We weren't ready to sleep, though! 

We decided to take the bus to Navy Pier. We walked about halfway, then stopped to take pictures. It was basically all closed, so there was really no point to stay long. We had a little confusion when it seemed as though the bus back would take 30 minutes, but then it showed up just a few minutes after we had decided to wait it out. 


Once we got back to the dorm we settled in, ate some Leslie-made popcorn, and watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off...a first for Emily!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment