Saturday, October 25, 2014

J&E in Chicago: Day 1

298/365

Just a few pictures from the first day Jenna and Emily are here in Chicago! We only got to hang out in the morning before I had to go to work, but it worked out well.

Marika went with me to meet Jenna and Emily at the Chicago blue line stop, then we had breakfast at Windy City Cafe, which was pretty great. The pancakes I got were massive, and I ate maybe 1/3 of them. I hate wasting food. Then we hoped on the bus back to campus, where they brought up their stuff, then I took them on a tour of the campus.

Then we decided to walk to the beach, which ended up in us just walking all around the Water Tower area. American Girl store, the beach, Fourth Presbyterian Church, and then "my" Chick-fil-A. We went back to the dorm, and then I had to work. They napped then went on a boat tour, and then they picked me up from work.

The plan for tomorrow? Nothing set. Sleep is a top priority, especially considering they both woke up early, early this morning after closing at work last night! So we may end up having a late start tomorrow, but we're going to do our best to fit in some fun Chicago things before they leave Monday!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment