Friday, October 03, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Days 1 & 2

276/365

Right now I'm feeling very disheveled for a number of reasons. However, my parents arrived yesterday, so I'm setting aside my thinking cap for the next day or so and I'll get it (my brain) all nice and organized Sunday night.

My parents arrived yesterday after a very long day of travel. Due to the chaos at Midway airport here in Chicago, their flight got all messed up, meaning they had to fly from Dallas to St. Louis, rent a car, and drive to Chicago. I closed last night, but they came by because it was the first time we would see each other in seven weeks and one day! They went on to TBK (Taco Burrito King..the 24-hour place right by campus that I've mentioned to them several times) and I met them there when I got finished. It was pouring, so that wasn't much fun. We got to chat a little, though, so it was nice. They really used all three forms of transportation to get to me, though! They love me, obviously. (:

Today they got to campus around 10a, and we just hung out, making a little trip to Walmart, before my class. They joined me in class, then we went to lunch at Portillo's, where the birds out on the patio were begging just like Mr. Bojangles! So funny. We went back to campus and relaxed until PCM (Practical Christian Ministry - mine is serving in a shelter's dining hall). It was pretty cool to serve the homeless here in Chicago with my parents, especially considering my dad serves the homeless as a job in Dallas and Fort Worth. On the way back to campus, we had an encounter with a guy and my dad shared the gospel with him. My dad was spot on when he told the man it was not an accident that we were in the same car as him. We got back to campus and had dinner, then parted for the night.

We know of a few things we want to do tomorrow, but are planning on playing it by ear because it's been pretty rainy here the last few days. I'm loving having you here, mommy and daddy!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment