Monday, October 06, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Day 4

It was a nice, peaceful "last day" together. We met at the dorm and ended up walking to Starbucks for breakfast, then over to Harvest Bible Chapel's Chicago Cathedral campus where we heard a somewhat lighthearted sermon which was fun. Then we walked back past the Starbucks we had that morning to Epic Burger, a place I had been to a few weeks ago and wanted my parents to try.

278/365

After lunch we went back to the dorm and relaxed in the lobby until hopping onto the brown line to take my parents to the airport. It was a sad ride, but Ally and I were excited to finally go to the end of a line, even if it was only the orange line. I said goodbye to my parents, which basically sucked. I attempted to boost my spirits by filming a timelapse on my phone (most) of the way back. You can see the snippet I put on instagram here. The full video is 2:51 and 12x faster.

And that was family weekend with my parents! They got back much smoother than they got here, except for the fact that our van's battery was dead when they got to the airport in Dallas. They had to have someone jump the car for them, but as far as I know that was the only hiccup.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment