Saturday, September 06, 2014

The Little Green Slip

249/365

Since FaceTiming with my family last week I have been eagerly anticipating this package - for multiple reasons! I joined the flock of people after lunch to CPO (Campus Post Office), got annoyed with my combination (had I known, I would have prayed for a key!), grabbed that little green slip and received my package! Yippee! I carried it back to my room, past the filming for some web series that was going on in a room off the tunnels.

I definitely cried when I opened it. I love my mom's handwriting, so it made me cry! She's the most thoughtful person I know and I think she has a sixth sense because I was just telling Ally in Walmart the other day about how I'd like some beef jerky. She sent me things I had at home but needed to start work this week, the NLT study Bible I forgot to bring with me, as well lots of little things that were just such a mom thing. Not just things that any mom would send, but the things my mom knows to send because she's just really stinkin' thoughtful.

Getting this was probably the first time I really felt homesick. Maybe it's crazy that it took this long, but it didn't feel real. Now it does. I think I've finally comprehended that I go to school at Moody and live in Chicago. It's a lot to take in. I'm very happy to be here, but of course I miss my family and dog. While it'd be nice to be able to go home a few times each semester. it will make it all the sweeter when I am finally able to get back.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment