Friday, September 19, 2014

Project 22/52: Shanti Hat


Once upon a time I followed 1.3 million instagram accounts relating to fiber. That may be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea: I follow lots of knitters and crocheters online. Why? Mainly because it keeps me accountable to continue knitting and not just drop away from it. Also because it is very inspiring to see what other people are doing.

One of my favorite accounts I follow would have to be Robyn Devine at She Makes Hats. And, boy, does she make hats! She's got an incredible mission in life that involves her posting hats all the time and making her own patterns, and this is one of those patterns I've seen her post about again and again since it was released in May. It's so adorable!

I had trouble with it at first, but after talking to a few other crocheters here and school and directly contacting Robyn through instagram I've made two (this one was first) since I started it Tuesday night in TBK (Taco Burrito King...24-hour taco place a block from school that a lot of people are obsessed with...but I have yet to try it despite being in there twice now...ANYWAY). I really adore this pattern, I just wish I could get the hats to be a little thicker. I'll have to find a smaller hook and try that on my third attempt for this hat.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment