Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve + 2014 Goal Wrap-Up

Mom explaining Monopoly Deal to those who had never played.
My first time playing Ticket to Ride! This is the board mainly cleared off, but it was pretty full! (365/365!!!)
Emily being...Emily.
Settlers of Catan. a game I've been wanting to play FOREVER. It did not disappoint.

Overall, New Year's Eve 2014 was a good one! We had a peaceful night with some friend just eating pizza and snacks, then playing the games pictured above. I really enjoyed the two new games I played, and I'll definitely be doing a little more research into the strategy behind Catan before I play again.

Now onto how my goals for the year did!

1: one self portrait (per week)
Success! 
week forty-nine | week fifty | week fifty-one | week fifty-two

2: compose photos (every day)
As far as I know. This is the epitome of this challenge for me: never taking pictures when I should, then not knowing if I really did complete the challenge or not!
338 | 339 | 340 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 - which is at the top of this post!

3: read the Bible (every day)
Nope. 

4: journal (daily)
Nope.

5: blog (daily)
Nope! This post is being written twenty-four days into January. Crazy, I know. Anyhow...

6: walk
Still no walking specifically for exercise, but that's fine by me.

7: bike
Nope.

8: 52 projects
Nope! I don't know how many projects I actually finished in 2014, but I blogged 26 of them. I know I finished more than that, but that number is pretty perfect to me because that's half of my goal!

9: 52 books
Once again, I forgot to do a wrap-up at the end of the month, but, thanks to goodreads, I know I figured it out and I read AT LEAST 50 books this year. I may have lost a few in there somehow, but it was at least 50!

10: experiment with photography
Nope. I've been too busy this month!

11: make six new meals for the family
Nope! Now that I'm home I want every meal to be made by my mom. I do have one dish I want to make for them before I leave, so hopefully I'll get to that.

12: learn to play the keyboard
Nope.

13: at least one photo book
Nope.

14: travel
FINALLY GOT TO FLY AGAIN. It had been way too long. I absolutely love flying, and love that every time I want to go home I'll just have to fly. (;

Overall, the year wasn't too bad. I definitely won't be setting such specific goals for 2015, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment