Friday, December 05, 2014

Surprise Sorbet

(photos by Chloe!)
339/365

Today had some pretty memorable moments! I first joined a girl on my floor, Chloe, and her boyfriend to the Anti-Cruelty Society a few blocks down. It was so great! You only have to sign in before you can go hang out with cats and dogs! The best part, though, was that you can choose a dog for them to put a leash on, then go walk the dog into the courtyard! As soon as I saw Shiloh, I knew I had to cuddle her! It's only 12 days until I get to hold my beagle and it was great to hear the little growl that is characteristic of beagles! 

After returning from there, I still had a few hours until my last PCM of the semester, but I was really dreading it. I checked my mailbox multiple times, because I'm expecting a package from my mom. She paid for two-day shipping, but the man who works down at the Campus Post Office (CPO) said it probably won't be here until Monday. So. Annoying. I was on the verge of tears at this point, mainly because I'm just ready to go home. 

After PCM, I was eating dinner in Leslie and Marika's room when Leslie surprised her roommate with an outing. We took a little walk to the more "River North" area, and had some dessert at Eataly. That place is insane. Tons of Italian goods! I tried sorbet for the first time and, surprise, I really liked it! We finished off the evening by watching The Giver, which was not too bad. I definitely need to read that book again, though!

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment