Tuesday, July 01, 2014

What I Read Last Month

This actually is not one of the books I finished in June...because those are all returned to the library/their rightful owner/being borrowed by a friend, but this is a Princess Diaries book, and it corrects represents how many of those I read in June.

June involved a lot of reading, and in adding 80 books to my list of books I want to read. Oi. BUT, I'm convinced more than ever that the best way to go is to just read whichever book I feel like reading next. If I don't feel motivated to read a book (and the same goes for knitting projects, tv shows, etc.) it's not going to get done as fast as it would if I was feeling motivated. For example, when I was about halfway through the final Harry Potter book last month, I was so unmotivated to finish it (not uninterested) that I decided to just start the Princess Diaries books, and I got through four or five of those before finishing up Harry Potter. I still won't have five books going at one time, but I'm definitely ok with stopping one book and finding another that will keep me motivated to read, because once I get out of a reading mood, it can take me months to get back into it, which isn't something I can afford to deal with, what with school starting soon!

ANYWAY, here are the books I completed this month:
15. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) by J.K. Rowling
16. Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn
I love this book. A lot. I am so glad I preordered it, so you better believe I'll be preordering the second one when it comes out later this year!
17. The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries #1) by Meg Cabot
18. Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries #2) by Meg Cabot
19. Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries #3) by Meg Cabot
20. Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries #4) by Meg Cabot
21. Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.75) by Meg Cabot
This book is chronologically #4.25, but was published as 7.75. Don't ask me why, just make sure you reference Wikipedia before reading this series (like I have...multiple times).
22. Project Princess (The Princess Diaries #4.5) by Meg Cabot
23. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling
You see how many books I had to read before having the motivation to finish HP?! But, hey, I did finish it! Mission accomplished!
24. Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries #5) by Meg Cabot
25. Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries #6) by Meg Cabot
26. The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries #6.5) by Meg Cabot
27. Party Princess (The Princess Diaries #7) by Meg Cabot
28. Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.5) by Meg Cabot
29. Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries #8) by Meg Cabot
Probably my least favorite Princess Diaries book so far. I mean, seriously Mia?!

WOW I READ A LOT THIS MONTH. Given, at least three of those books were, like, under 100 pages, and none of the other Princess Diaries books are over 300 pages. But, most importantly, I am three ahead on my goal of reading 52 books this year! Which is really good! Because I doubt I'll get anything read once school starts! Ya know, besides school books, but those do not count!

- rl

Previous What I Read This Month posts:
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment