Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What I Read This Month



I've (finally) hit a bit of a reading slump in July. I have also been feeling convicted about reading so many secular novels. #christiangirlproblems

I did, however, get some books in. Here are the books I completed this month:
30. Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries #9) by Meg Cabot
31. Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries #10) by Meg Cabot
A fabulous end to this series! I already want to reread it. This series definitely motivated me to start journaling again...but I've already fallen off it again. One day it will catch on and never let up...
32. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
Love! I read this at the beginning of the month so I can't remember why exactly I liked it so much, but I know I did. Comedy is awesome. End of story. 
33. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
This one took me until about halfway to get into, but then I finished it quickly after that! It always nice to read a book where the main character isn't some great hero.
34. Blood Red Road (Dust Lands #1) by Moira Young
An excellent book! It's written in a somewhat poetic style, which actually made it slow going for me for a while. 
35. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman
This book was written by a blog I've followed for years now, so I've wanted to read it since it came out last year. I never could motivate myself to buy it, however, so I was really excited when I found it at the library. I disagree with some of the reviews on goodreads - it is not a book about selfies. Elsie and Emma gave solid advice on taking self-portraits, which I appreciate considering my weekly self portrait challenge.
36. If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
Blah! Everyone seems to love this book, but I could only give it three stars. I don't like when you slowly learn about the past throughout the novel, which is exactly what this was. A lot of people liked it, but it just wasn't my style.
37. Rebel Heart (Dust Lands #2) by Moira Young
A disappointing second book in this trilogy. 
38. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
I loved this book. Not every bit of it, but I gave it five stars because I would gladly reread it. It definitely made me want to go travel. 
39. Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
I loved the sequel to If I Stay! It still wasn't the Best Thing Ever or whatever, but it was much more interesting than the first one. It's always fun to read a book from the male perspective. 

And the books I'm reading going into August: 
- Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young
I started this book over two weeks ago and I still haven't finished it. I want to know how it ends, but the books just annoys me for some reason.
- Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
I'm not sure why I decided to read another book by Forman when I didn't really like the If I Stay duology, and so far it's also annoying.
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
I'm never going to finish this book, am I? I started it at the end of October of last year! Oi!

I'm not exactly sure which books I'll be reading next. I've got about eight other books from the library that I want to read, but I don't think I'll get to them all. I've got lots of cleaning, organizing, and TV shows to be completed, so we'll see. Just think...my next book update will be in a different city!!! 

- rl

Previous What I Read This Month posts:
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment