Thursday, November 07, 2013

Playing with Long Exposure


One of the things I've wanted to try out on my DSLR is long exposure. I finally looked up how to set it up on Sunday, and I've been playing with it a little bit throughout the week. 

The first picture is my first attempt. I'm finding that it's really hard to set the camera on the shelf, press the shutter, run in front of the camera, try to draw/write whatever I can think of (BACKWARDS), in less than 30 seconds. 

Then I realized long exposure has other purposes too, so I made myself a ghost. Pretty simple: the shutter stays open for 30 seconds, and in the last shot shown here I was in it for about 20 of those seconds. Pretty cool/creepy, huh? 

I'm looking forward to figuring out what other cool things I can do with this soon. 

- rl 

No comments:

Post a Comment