Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Braunfels: Day 2 (but actually all San Antonio)

Saturday. We woke up late - something my parents rarely get to do because of our dog that likes to get up early. That afternoon - after eating breakfast and getting dressed - we headed to San Antonio with my dad's sister - my aunt.

We knew we wanted to go to Rita's again, but, considering that it was still around 2pm, planned on just having appetizers then and going back last on to eat a full meal. But then we had to wait 20 minutes for a table, and figured it best to just eat then. Queso. Enchiladas. So good. Long after everyone else finished their food, we just sat there hanging out and people watching. A table next to us was having caricatures done of each couple, and the table next to that had just been to a wedding, because they were very dressed up for that time of day, and later on, sure enough, came a bride and groom.


Then we decided to take a boat ride. We had thought about going to Wurstfest (too expensive and mostly drinking), then a safari place between New Braunfels and San Antonio (WAY expensive), and of course I was hoping to go zip lining at a place connected to the safari, but there just aren't enough hours in the day for the rest of my family to sit there while I get an adrenaline rush, ya know?

So we settled for a boat ride, and I think it was the best decision. Cheap - less than $10/person for a 35 minute-or-so ride. Our ride started at just the right time that we had plenty of light to take pictures until the last few minutes of it. I took a good amount of pictures, and because this is my blog and it does not matter how many I post, I'm going to share some of my favorites! Looking back at some of them, I know they could be better if I was a bit more practiced with shooting in manual. I'm not sweating it, though, because I know I'll be rooting to go again soon! Also, I'm not even going to attempt to explain how cool some of the places in these pictures are. You'll just have to go for yourself. (:


Once we got done with that, we decided to make our way to the Alamo. We knew where we parked, and we knew where we were, so, with the help of iPhones, we made it to the Alamo. (This is where I'll try to avoid going on and on about how much I loved walking in the streets of a city - albeit one on the smaller side - for the first time in a while. That was something I was really looking forward to in moving to Chicago. One day...)

I was a little obsessed with this corner across from the Alamo. 
A slightly different angle on the corner a few pictures up because, seriously, look at those stairs!
I don't remember if it was my mom or my aunt who pointed out that ceiling, but I had to get a picture! 
I was so excited to see they had what looked like the public bikes like I've seen instagram posts about in cities like NYC and Chicago! Wish we had the time/energy to try them out!

Tomorrow: the third and final day!

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment