Friday, November 28, 2014

100 Days Here

332/365

Today marks 100 days since moving to Chicago! That is crazy. Tonight I made popcorn in Ally and I's new hot air popper that we bought off a girl from two floors down. I'm looking forward to many movie nights with popcorn from this machine. You can see Marika's machine behind the bowl, which is the one Leslie always uses. She has shown me the fine art of making popcorn and I'm looking forward to perfecting it over the years. (;

100 days. I love it here. It's not perfect, but it's pretty great. I'm definitely a lot more familiar with the city and how it all works than I was on that first day. There is still so, so much to explore of this place (i.e. pizza!) but that will come slowly, which is really how it should be. Right now I am especially looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations come up around the city.

More than anything, though, I'm looking forward to hauling my stuff all the way down the Orange line here in a few short weeks to the airport on my way HOME. Three weeks, y'all.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment