Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Break Goals

069/365

I'm so happy with my progress on this vest. I'm about 75% of the way now, starting on the front part of the vest. I'm mainly nervous about having to pick up the stitches for the ribbing on the armholes and neckline, but we'll see. So far the instructions in this book (Circular Knitting Workshop by Margaret Radcliffe) have been great, so I think it will be fine.

Anyhow, I've decided on a few goals for spring break. It's not like I have a real spring break, because I work everyday, as usual, but still. Spring officially begins soon, so I'm considering this a bit of my spring cleaning. You see, I'm finding that if my room isn't in order (as in: organized to where I at least know where everything is) I cannot think properly. So, here are my goals to complete before spring, March 20 (or 21...I can't quite understand the almanac website):

1: get room in order
This means decluttering a little bit, and just trying to figure out better systems for things.

2: catch up on journaling
I'm like two months behind, and I really hate that. I really value being able to look back on my journals, so I want to catch up, then figure out what's the best way to go from there.

3: reorganize blog
This involves organizing things more by fewer categories, which potentially means re-tagging some of my 100+ posts, so this will be a big thing. I may not have a ton on readers, but that doesn't mean I can't get it in a simple order that makes sense.

4: start basket
I want to make another one of these baskets. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I really enjoyed the long process, so maybe I'll sell one on etsy some day.

5: figure out Bible reading
I've mentioned before that I haven't been reading my Bible, but it seriously feels like time to get back into it. I'm just not sure where to start, though. I have a few ideas, I just need to sit and think about it some time.

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment