Tuesday, March 04, 2014

23 Hour Trip to Tyler

iPhone photo
062/365

iPhone photo
iPhone photo
iPhone photo
iPhone photo
063/365

Yesterday I worked 6.5 hours, went home, packed, and headed out to Tyler with my dad. I heard my dad telling our neighbor the other day that he would be going out there this week, and I immediately said I wanted to go too. I hadn't seen my papa and great aunt since my graduation in June, so I was looking for a chance to see them again, and I had today off, so I knew I had to go.

So we headed out around 7:30 and arrived two hours later, then had to wake up at 3AM to drive back to the Dallas VA Hospital for my papa's surgery. It was a long day. We spent about five hours in the waiting room, which meant I was able to finish the hat I started on Sunday, then get some looming in. Having my projects out meant I was able to talk with a few people who mainly mentioned how their grandma or someone used to knit. I don't yet take offense to those comments. It makes me feel crafty. 

Anyhow, his surgery went well. He was in pain on the way back, and went straight to his room when we got to their house, but they called about the time we got back here in north Dallas to let us know that he was doing better. 

I absolutely do not regret spending my day off out of town. When we pulled into our driveway, it clicked with me that my dad and I had spent nine of the last 24 hours on the road - Dallas to Tyler, Tyler to Dallas, Dallas to Tyler, then Tyler to Dallas. As tired as I'm sure I'll be for the rest of the week, I never, ever regret spending precious time with family - especially one's that live out of town. 

I think I'm rambling now, and I don't think this all makes complete sense, so I think I'll get back to catching up on Supernatural and figuring out my next knitting project. 

- rl

(p.s. this is part of my 14 goals for 2014. You can view all my goals here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment