Friday, August 02, 2013

Starting a Jean Quilt



The idea of being able to quilt has been attractive to me for a few years now. I like the idea of being able to make something useful, like a quilt to keep you warm. Last year I kind of helped a lady in my life with making a jean quilt made of squares. We got together, figured out a plan of sorts, and cut. She did the actual quilting, so I was more support than anything else.

This time, though, I want to make it on my own. Yesterday I watched TV for a ridiculously long period of time, so I worked on cutting, and I finished! The pile of jeans that has sat in my room for a good year is now gone. I kept the long jean sections and the pockets and threw away the rest. 

Now I don't know what I want to with them! Thanks to Pinterest, I've got a couple of ideas (one, two, three, four), but I haven't really decided on one yet. And then there's the whole, "wait, how do I do this?!" part of me. 

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment