Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Branson: Day 2

On our second day in Branson (also the first and last full day), we (as in us children of the family) woke up late, which kind of threw off our eating schedule. We (as in the whole family now) drove around town trying to find something to eat. We eventually landed on Belgian Waffle and Pancake House. My parents used the word "brunch", so I had a pancake and fries. Not at the same time, of course.


Then we walked around Branson Landing, a newer, outdoor mall type area sandwiched between the downtown area and the river (lake? I have no idea).


We even fed the ducks some...

Branson Landing
Loved the architecture.

Part of the reason we decided on going to Branson for a few days was to escape the Texas heat. Sadly, it pretty much followed us. The humidity was something ridiculous (100%? Is that even possible?), so we headed back to the hotel after walking around for a few hours and decided to head over to the Splash-a-torium, where we swam for a few hours. The Splash-a-torium also had a long slide, and I reluctantly agreed to go down it with my dad. Boy am I glad I did! It was so much fun, and now I'm sure that the next time we go to Hawaiian Falls I may actually go on one of their water rides!

This trip was actually supposed to be somewhere entirely different: Chicago. My family was going to drop me off, then hang out in the city for a few days before heading to Michigan to hang out with some guys my dad knows through classes. But, because I ended up not being able to go this year, we decided to not go all the way up there. We still wanted some Chicago style pizza, though, so after spending a few hours in the water, we changed and headed over to a pizza place in Hollister, Missouri that had a lot of good reviews online. Mr. Gilberti's Place definitely did not disappoint! We had cheese bread and pepperoni deep dish pizza. It was cool to find something so tasty in a hole-in-the-wall type of place! 


After returning from Hollister, we weren't quite ready to head to the room, so we went mini-golfing at the hotel. We did pretty well for the first couple holes and tried to keep score, but then they just got crazy and we only focused on trying to get the ball into the hole.

Vlogging. 
Seriously. They were impossible holes. Especially in the dark! We had to bring out iPhone flashlights to even see some of the holes.

Tomorrow: Day 3!

- rl

1 comment: