Thursday, August 15, 2013

My First Scarf


First, I wanted to thank everyone who has responded on my previous blog post. I didn't expect such an outpouring of response. I truly appreciate - and am amazed by - the number of people who have prayed/are praying. I still don't know whether or not I will be going, but I am definitely seeing the benefits of staying.

Now the reason for this post: I knitted a scarf! I feel like that is the obvious first thing to knit, but I don't recall ever actually completing one. I've loomed a few, but never knitted. A new stitch for me, too! Basic, but one I had never learned. It's about six and a half feet long. I don't know why it curls, but I think that means I'm supposed to block it. Um. Right. I've done a little research on that, but I don't think I'll do it on this piece since I'm just going to keep it for myself, maybe even to use in Chicago one of these days!

I'm currently working on looming some baby hats for no particular reason. They're my favorite to loom, though, because they only take about two hours, or two and a half episodes of Supernatural, which is how I judged the time.

-rl

No comments:

Post a Comment