Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reading Material: 4 Months Down


So I'm going to change how I post about what I'm reading. It won't really matter to anyone else, but because I haven't really been going off the list I originally put together, I'm going to format it more how I do in my head each year. I want to read 52 books in a year. For the past three years, I've done the reading challenge on goodreads where you enter how many books you want to read that year, then as you mark a book as 'read' throughout the year, it adds to your count. I've put 52 as my goal for three years, and the closest I've gotten is 40 in 2012. This year I only read 17. So, I can't say I'm too sure of myself for 2014, but I figure it doesn't hurt to try again.

So this is what I read this month. Or...am in the process of reading:
1. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
I didn't open this book once this month. I love this book. I really do. However, I think I find it overwhelming. It's just really deep thoughts and ideas that make me think a lot, and I guess you could say I just didn't really want to think very much this month.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I didn't finish this book. A friend wanted to borrow my copy, and I just wasn't feeling this reread, so I took out my bookmark and haven't looked back. I don't think I'll try rereading this series again until 2015, when the second part of the Mockingjay movie comes out.

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I don't know how I feel about this book. My little sister read it before me, and she was extremely adamant about me reading it too. It was very interesting. But, it was also cheesy. I still liked it enough to finish 3/4 of it in one night. I stayed up way too late that night.

4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I finished Divergent nearly two weeks ago, yet I'm not even 100 pages into the sequel. Oops. I plan on starting it back up soon. I've just been more focused on working, and, more recently, knitting.

- rl

Reading Material
Reading Material: 1 Month Down
Reading Material: 2 Months Down
Reading Material: 3 Months Down

No comments:

Post a Comment