Monday, December 02, 2013

Reading Material: 3 Months Down


This reading is going much, much slower than I first thought it would. I'm still working on what my priorities are, so when I have those figured out I should be reading more. Who knows, though.

So this is what I read this month. Or...am in the process of reading:
1. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
I finished this book in the beginning of the month, then sighed over Ian a few days. Then, last week I saw that the movie was on Netflix, so I watched it a little here and there and finished it while working on my application (yes, that got sent in on Sunday at 6pm. Cutting it a little close to the deadline, I know). 

2. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Oh, man. This book is hard to get through. You really have to give it your full attention, but it's worth it, because it's just some really deep stuff. Just really interesting ideas and realizations that make me think hard. I'm only about halfway through, and I already know I'm going to have to make a list as well when the time comes...

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
So I first read this book around the time the movie came out. I finished it within 48 hours, then the next two of the series in the next 48. Crazy good. Then because I knew I was going to the midnight premiere of Catching Fire, I thought it would be a good idea to pause my progress in One Thousand Gifts and try to read the whole series (or at least through Catching Fire), but I obviously did not do that. You can see in the second picture how far I got. Pathetic, I know. I blame that on my mind which is already looking forward to reading another YA sci-fi type of book once I finish the ones I'm currently on. And yes, Catching Fire is as good as everyone says it is. I've already seen it twice, and I really hate seeing movies in theater period.

- rl

Reading Material
Reading Material: 1 Month Down
Reading Material: 2 Months Down

No comments:

Post a Comment