Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Picnic Quilt from Nana


Last night, a couple who are good family friends (we even call her Nana!) stopped by as they passed through town. We hadn't seen them for a couple months, so it was nice to catch up a little bit, and hopefully we'll be able to hang out for a longer period of time when they pass through again in a couple of weeks.

One of the reasons they stopped by our house, though, was to bring me a graduation gift! My Nana made this quilt for me! It's a picnic blanket quilt, so hopefully a year from now I will be able to take it out to Millennium Park in Chicago for a picnic with people from school. It's a big wish, but you never know. 

First, I love all the food! Even just looking at the pictures makes me hungry! Second, look at all those cute ants! They're not only the border, but most of the back and she had them quilted in! We joked that when I do take it out I won't be able to tell if there are ants on the quilt or if it's just the ones on the pattern. (; Third, this thing is huge! It's gotta be at least 6'x6'! This is my first quilt I've ever had, so I love that it's a big one! 

And, of course, my favorite part is knowing that it was a labor of love. She told me that she spent hours the last few days hand sewing the binding. How awesome is that? I feel so blessed to have her in my life, even if they live in Arizona now instead of across town. That's just motivation, though, to go visit them one of these days. (:

- rl

No comments:

Post a Comment